The Financial Times reports today,
EDF, France’s nuclear energy operator, paid investigators to infiltrate the anti-nuclear movement around Europe, according to testimony given in a French judicial investigation.
The investigation is looking into whether the state-controlled group condoned illegal practices as part of a surveillance operation…
The work involved “a web watch, completed by on-the- ground work” that he described as “going to meetings, to demonstrations” and “taking the temperature of these organisations”.
But before the greens get all self-righteous about this, let’s review some recent Greenpeace criminality:
- 7 from Greenpeace arrested after high-profile stunt at Kimberly-Clark
- Greenpeace activists arrested over whale meat theft
- Guy in polar bear suit arrested during Greenpeace protest
- Marshall Islands Arrest Greenpeace Activist At Missile Range
- Greenpeace activists arrested for trying to board British nuclear sub
There shouldn’t be anything wrong with a nuclear power company simply gathering information about groups that pose very real threats to the security of its facilities.